My ADTRAN
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY

As we follow our vision to “enable a fully connected world," we are embracing sustainability. As more people are connected, work and life can be accomplished using fewer resources. On the journey to our vision, we must continue to be a responsible corporate citizen of the world.

We have established Sustainability Programs and policies that encompass the elements of Environmental, Health & Safety, Ethics, Labor, and Management Systems in alignment with the ISO 26000 Guidelines. We are committed to operating in full compliance with the laws, rules, and regulations of all the countries in which we operate. ADTRAN recognizes the Electronics Industry Code of Conduct (Code) and actively pursues conformance to it and its standards in accordance with our management systems. ADTRAN further recognizes the Code as a total supply chain initiative.

As we follow our vision to “enable a fully connected world," we are embracing sustainability. As more people are connected, work and life can be accomplished using fewer resources. On the journey to our vision, we must continue to be a responsible corporate citizen of the world.

We have established Sustainability Programs and policies that encompass the elements of Environmental, Health & Safety, Ethics, Labor, and Management Systems in alignment with the ISO 26000 Guidelines. We are committed to operating in full compliance with the laws, rules, and regulations of all the countries in which we operate. ADTRAN recognizes the Electronics Industry Code of Conduct (Code) and actively pursues conformance to it and its standards in accordance with our management systems. ADTRAN further recognizes the Code as a total supply chain initiative.



As we follow our vision to “enable a fully connected world," we are embracing sustainability. As more people are connected, work and life can be accomplished using fewer resources. On the journey to our vision, we must continue to be a responsible corporate citizen of the world.

We have established Sustainability Programs and policies that encompass the elements of Environmental, Health & Safety, Ethics, Labor, and Management Systems in alignment with the ISO 26000 Guidelines. We are committed to operating in full compliance with the laws, rules, and regulations of all the countries in which we operate. ADTRAN recognizes the Electronics Industry Code of Conduct (Code) and actively pursues conformance to it and its standards in accordance with our management systems. ADTRAN further recognizes the Code as a total supply chain initiative.

Green Team logo
Green Team logo

Green Team logo

About our Green Team

Our Green Team is responsible for improving ways we can take care of our buildings, campuses, and encourage our employees to take care of our part of the planet. We are constantly looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint in the ways our campus is landscaped to recycling computer and manufacturing equipment to swapping light bulbs for energy saving LED bulbs.

Have ideas for us? Email us at ADTRANCares@adtran.com

About our Green Team

Our Green Team is responsible for improving ways we can take care of our buildings, campuses, and encourage our employees to take care of our part of the planet. We are constantly looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint in the ways our campus is landscaped to recycling computer and manufacturing equipment to swapping light bulbs for energy saving LED bulbs.

Have ideas for us? Email us at ADTRANCares@adtran.com

About our Green Team

Our Green Team is responsible for improving ways we can take care of our buildings, campuses, and encourage our employees to take care of our part of the planet. We are constantly looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint in the ways our campus is landscaped to recycling computer and manufacturing equipment to swapping light bulbs for energy saving LED bulbs.

Have ideas for us? Email us at ADTRANCares@adtran.com

Statistics from our Headquarters in Huntsville, AL:

  • 100% of all solid waste is diverted from the landfill by recycling and waste-to-steam energy
  • 20 lbs of ink and toner cartridges are recycled
  • 150 lbs of batteries are recycled
  • 100% of IT scrap materials are recycled
  • 1,396,413 kWh saved
  • 1,305 U.S. residential utility customers off the grid due to kWh reduction
  • 2005 to 2018 annual kWh usage was reduced by 33%
  • 2017 to 2018 total electricity consumption was down 4.9% or 1,396,413 kWh equal to removing 134 U.S. residential utility customers off the grid

Statistics from our Headquarters in Huntsville, AL:

  • 100% of all solid waste is diverted from the landfill by recycling and waste-to-steam energy
  • 20 lbs of ink and toner cartridges are recycled
  • 150 lbs of batteries are recycled
  • 100% of IT scrap materials are recycled
  • 1,396,413 kWh saved
  • 1,305 U.S. residential utility customers off the grid due to kWh reduction
  • 2005 to 2018 annual kWh usage was reduced by 33%
  • 2017 to 2018 total electricity consumption was down 4.9% or 1,396,413 kWh equal to removing 134 U.S. residential utility customers off the grid

Statistics from our Headquarters in Huntsville, AL:

  • 100% of all solid waste is diverted from the landfill by recycling and waste-to-steam energy
  • 20 lbs of ink and toner cartridges are recycled
  • 150 lbs of batteries are recycled
  • 100% of IT scrap materials are recycled
  • 1,396,413 kWh saved
  • 1,305 U.S. residential utility customers off the grid due to kWh reduction
  • 2005 to 2018 annual kWh usage was reduced by 33%
  • 2017 to 2018 total electricity consumption was down 4.9% or 1,396,413 kWh equal to removing 134 U.S. residential utility customers off the grid
Team ADTRAN logo
Team ADTRAN logo

Team ADTRAN logo

About our Team ADTRAN

Corporate Social Responsibility is not just about how a company manages the physical resources in their buildings. It is also about being good stewards of our best resources - our employees. Volunteer Time Off is a benefit for our employees so that they can support their favorite non-profits.

Team ADTRAN also has fundraisers and donation drives annually to support non-profits and schools in our community. Our projects range from being a presenting sponsor of a large fundraising event to collecting pop-tabs and plastic bottle tops.

Learn more about Team ADTRAN at: adtran.com/TeamAdtran

Have a request for Team ADTRAN? Fill out our request form at adtran.com/AskTeamADTRAN

About our Team ADTRAN

Corporate Social Responsibility is not just about how a company manages the physical resources in their buildings. It is also about being good stewards of our best resources - our employees. Volunteer Time Off is a benefit for our employees so that they can support their favorite non-profits.

Team ADTRAN also has fundraisers and donation drives annually to support non-profits and schools in our community. Our projects range from being a presenting sponsor of a large fundraising event to collecting pop-tabs and plastic bottle tops.

Learn more about Team ADTRAN

Have a request for Team ADTRAN? Fill out our request form at adtran.com/AskTeamADTRAN

About our Team ADTRAN

Corporate Social Responsibility is not just about how a company manages the physical resources in their buildings. It is also about being good stewards of our best resources - our employees. Volunteer Time Off is a benefit for our employees so that they can support their favorite non-profits.

Team ADTRAN also has fundraisers and donation drives annually to support non-profits and schools in our community. Our projects range from being a presenting sponsor of a large fundraising event to collecting pop-tabs and plastic bottle tops.

Have a request for Team ADTRAN? Fill out our request form at adtran.com/AskTeamADTRAN

Trees image
Trees image

Trees image

Landfill Diversion

In 2009, we partnered with Republic Services to better understand the waste that was being sent to the landfill. During this process we determined that approximately 40% of our headquarter's waste could be recycled (cardboard, paper, plastics and wood) and the other 60% could be sent to the Covanta Steamplant for an alternative recycle solution. Changes were made and education started to make ADTRAN the first large company in Cummings Research Park 100% landfill diversion. This was also the beginning of our Green Team.

Covanta Huntsville produces nearly 180,000 pounds of steam per hour, which travels through a six-mile long export line to meet all of Redstone Arsenal's heating and air conditioning needs. The facility processes 690 tons per day of solid waste and sewage sludge and is equipped with four fossil-fuel package boilers, which allow steam to be available 100% of the time.

Take an Energy-from-Waste Facility Virtual Tour: From ADTRAN to RSA
Take a Virtual Tour of Covanta: Behind the Scenes

Landfill Diversion

In 2009, we partnered with Republic Services to better understand the waste that was being sent to the landfill. During this process we determined that approximately 40% of our headquarter's waste could be recycled (cardboard, paper, plastics and wood) and the other 60% could be sent to the Covanta Steamplant for an alternative recycle solution. Changes were made and education started to make ADTRAN the first large company in Cummings Research Park 100% landfill diversion. This was also the beginning of our Green Team.

Covanta Huntsville produces nearly 180,000 pounds of steam per hour, which travels through a six-mile long export line to meet all of Redstone Arsenal's heating and air conditioning needs. The facility processes 690 tons per day of solid waste and sewage sludge and is equipped with four fossil-fuel package boilers, which allow steam to be available 100% of the time.

Take an Energy-from-Waste Facility Virtual Tour: From ADTRAN to RSA
Take a Virtual Tour of Covanta: Behind the Scenes

Landfill Diversion

In 2009, we partnered with Republic Services to better understand the waste that was being sent to the landfill. During this process we determined that approximately 40% of our headquarter's waste could be recycled (cardboard, paper, plastics and wood) and the other 60% could be sent to the Covanta Steamplant for an alternative recycle solution. Changes were made and education started to make ADTRAN the first large company in Cummings Research Park 100% landfill diversion. This was also the beginning of our Green Team.

Covanta Huntsville produces nearly 180,000 pounds of steam per hour, which travels through a six-mile long export line to meet all of Redstone Arsenal's heating and air conditioning needs. The facility processes 690 tons per day of solid waste and sewage sludge and is equipped with four fossil-fuel package boilers, which allow steam to be available 100% of the time.

Take an Energy-from-Waste Facility Virtual Tour: From ADTRAN to RSA
Take a Virtual Tour of Covanta: Behind the Scenes

Policies and Reports

Policies and Reports

Policies and Reports

CONTACT US

Got questions about our Corporate Social Responsibility plans, Green Team, or Team ADTRAN?

Email Us at ADTRANCares@adtran.com