HUNTSVILLE, Ala.--(December 18, 2018) — ADTRAN, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), the leading provider of next-generation open networking solutions, today announced the sixth generation of its worldwide market-leading sealed micro Fiber-to-the-Node (FTTN) solutions to help bridge the digital divide and reach the 700,000 locations covered by the Connect America Fund (CAF) Phase II program.
“Given the range of geographic and logistical challenges involved with rural broadband service delivery, service providers responsible for CAF II build-outs seek network solutions that optimize existing infrastructure, simplify deployment and provisioning and improve the broadband experience, ultimately lowering their overall capital and operational costs,” Ovum Principal Analyst Julie Kunstler said. “Flexible, cost-effective deployment options that offer a range of benefits, as seen in the latest advancements to ADTRAN’s DSLAM portfolio, are certain to be in demand among these operators.”
Recently, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced updates to its CAF program to improve the quality and availability of high-speed internet service in rural America. Further, the U.S. Department of Agriculture also unveiled a $600 million loan and grant program to assist with building rural broadband infrastructure.
As the market leader in building and deploying solutions for CAF and rural applications, ADTRAN has delivered numerous innovations through its sealed micro FTTN solutions that help service providers affordably deliver ultra-broadband (100+Mbps) services into remote and rural areas. The latest member of the ADTRAN ultra-broadband family of solutions further expands service providers’ options to reach more customers by utilizing enhanced technologies to build their best networks.
“ADTRAN is committed to supporting service providers as they address the broadband disparity in rural America, and our focus remains on delivering the best available options on the market today—solutions that allow them to fully tackle challenging CAF II deployment requirements while minimizing expenses,” ADTRAN Portfolio Manager Javier Lopez said. “Service providers looking to offer triple play services in both underserved and urban areas will find everything they need within the most recent additions to our access portfolio.”
Advantages of the 6th generation of sealed micro FTTN solutions:
- Includes a complete portfolio from low-density (16 subscribers) sealed micro FTTN solutions for rural deployments to high-density system level vectoring solutions (up to 384 subscribers across eight nodes) to serve semi-urban environments and Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs)
- Delivers up to 500Mbps services utilizing technologies such as Vectoring and Super-Vectoring to address competitive needs
- ADTRAN’s long-reach backhaul technology extends service coverage thousands of feet from the fiber node to quickly and cost-effectively connect hard to reach rural subscribers
- Supports multiple powering options, including local and remote, with flexible built-in holdover and battery backup options, greatly reducing installation and maintenance costs
- Support for both integrated (combo) and overlay POTS, together with IPTV services, allow service providers to deliver best-in-class triple play services
- This CAF orientated wide reach ultra-broadband solution paired with the ADTRAN whole-home Wi-Fi solution delivers an integrated connected home solution
ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment. ADTRAN’s products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.adtran.com, Linkedin and Twitter