HUNTSVILLEAla.-- (September 13, 2018)—ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), the leading provider of next-generation open networking solutions, today launched its enterprise Wi-Fi solution for service providers, featuring machine learning technology and a 100% cloud-managed IT model. The new offering enables service providers to easily bundle competitive services, simplify management and reduce install time to reach the large, underserved small business market.
“Enterprise-grade Wi-Fi offerings are critical for service providers seeking to expand into the small business space,” IHS Markit’s Service Provider Technology Team Principal Analyst John Kendall said. “However, it is not enough to merely offer simple Wi-Fi; a service provider looking to expand into this space must offer a premium, managed Wi-Fi solution at a competitive price point. This can be the cornerstone of a SMB-targeted campaign that addresses millions of new potential customers.”
According the U.S. Census Bureau 2015 Statistics of U.S. Businesses (SUSB), there are 5.8 million total SMBs in the U.S., and the total addressable market for micro and small business Wi-Fi in the U.S. alone exceeds $2.8 billion. Whether a local attorney, doctor, motel or independent coffee shop—all expect fast, reliable Wi-Fi. Typical enterprise-class Wi-Fi solutions are too expensive and complex for these organizations with limited to no IT staff. Further, they require on-premises controllers or software, which means additional install time and more to manage for the service provider.
ADTRAN is now empowering the more than 2,500 service providers in the U.S. already selling managed services to the burgeoning small business market to uniquely position themselves to capture new Wi-Fi opportunities with a simpler, more cost-effective solution. ADTRAN’s new offering is designed to enable service providers to maximize CAPEX and OPEX savings, increase Average Revenue Per User (ARPU), create “sticky” customers and increase competitiveness.
“Subscribers are increasingly judging the quality of their internet experience based on the quality of their Wi-Fi,” ADTRAN Manager of Wi-Fi Technology and Strategy Ken Fernandes said. “ADTRAN’s new enterprise-class Wi-Fi allows service providers to help their cost-conscious micro and small business customers by simply bundling ADTRAN APs, while reducing costs and complexity. Service providers can now upsell and seamlessly upgrade their subscribers to enhanced services and features, further increasing ARPU.”
ADTRAN’s enterprise Wi-Fi offering includes the following:
- 100% cloud-managed IT: No required subscriptions or licenses. No installation or management of on-premises controller or software
- Zero Touch AP Provisioning: APs automatically discover the cloud and download firmware configuration
- Powerful enterprise-class APs: Efficient pricing at 75% lower than typical enterprise-class APs and licenses
- A “just right” feature set: Focused on robust enterprise connectivity and security with seamless upgrades to ADTRAN advanced features and flexible deployment options
- Machine learning-powered Wi-Fi that just works: Self-optimizing and healing technology
- DynamicRF maximizes performance and adapts to interference by learning about the RF environment and automatically adjusting optimal radio settings
- DynamicSteering automatically steers clients to the best AP or radio within an AP to provide the best possible quality of experience. Prevents “sticky Wi-Fi clients
- DynamicMulticast prevents multicast traffic typically sent at low data rates from impacting overall performance by learning about traffic patterns and automatically adjusting optimal multicast settings
- Interactive support community: Optional upgrades to enhanced support
- Every AP is a starting point: Scale from a handful of APs to thousands across multiple locations and customers
ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment. ADTRAN’s products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.adtran.com, Linkedin and Twitter